“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island” ~ Walt Disney
Literacy is a fundamental human right.
It is more than just reading and writing.
CLICK HERE to watch
Video: iDAREworld Giving Tuesday #iDARECares
Did you know ?
- 70% of eight graders can not read proficiently. (NAEP, 2012)
- Nearly 3 out of 4 eight- and twelfth-grade students can not write proficiently. (NAEP, 2012)
- Some 1.1 million American students drop out of school every year. (EPE, 2012)
- For African-American and Hispanic students across the country, dropout rates are close to 40 percent, compared to the national average of 27 percent. (EPE, 2012)
The Power of Literacy
Educating Children through Literacy program by learning to read books. Literacy is more than just reading and writing! Eradicating illiteracy to reduce poverty. Let’s fight illiteracy together. Join the awareness.
Education starts at home front.
Our Youth Literacy program focuses on the future of children’s education. The Power of Literacy is our grassroots for improving the basics of education to provide children to succeed and fight illiteracy. We will continue to build relationship with community leaders and organizations who are interested to advocate in the interests to these children.
Children with Special Needs
The number of children and youth ages 3-21 receiving special education services was 6.4 million (or about 13%) of all public school students, in years of 2012-2013.
Some 35% of students receiving special education services had specific learning disabilities. (IDEA, National Center for Education Statistics)
• Ninety per cent of children with disabilities in developing countries do not attend school, says UNESCO. (UNESCO)
• The global literacy rate for adults with disabilities is as low as 3 per cent, and 1 per cent for women with disabilities, according to a 1998 UNDP study. (UNDP)
Here’s how you can help:
Volunteer to Read
Fundraise an event
International Advocate (coming soon!)
Our team will collect books on Fridays to submit to various places, such as Boys and Girls Club, local churches, schools.
We accept New and/or Used Books.
Please mail them to:
27943 Seco Canyon Rd. Suite 126
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Be sure to include your contact info.
We will send you the receipt via email.
Thank you for your contribution!
Donate A Book
You may donate a book by sending us in the mail, or purchase online in any book stores (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.)
Order online in any of these online stores and mail them to our mailing address.
Please be sure to include your email address contact.
Receipts will be emailed to you.
We accept used or new books.
Ages: 5 – 18
Genre: Children books, Comic, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Adventure, Novel
Volunteer To Read
Volunteer To Read is a great way to engage with the children ensuring effective learning. Our volunteers will spend 1-2 hours on a committed schedule in assisting children (ages 8-16) to read and mentoring literacy. If you are interested to become involved, please contact Ms. Maria, Board Assistant to schedule Orientation.
Email or Call.