Help us kick off our Disaster Preparedness event “Emergency Meal Prep” on December 3, 2016 (8am – 12noon)
Bring your food, survival equipment, fire safety supplies and show us how to prepare your meal*
Our goal is to promote disaster risk reduction, build resilient communities, homes, and businesses.
What is the goal of “Emergency Meal Prep” event?
This event is to educate, and raise awareness in how to become more prepared in the event of disaster, in a real simulated survival environment by bringing people, our 1st responders, and families together in our community.
Emergency Meal Prep
Bring Your food, survival equipment, fire safety supplies and show us how to prepare your meal*
Our goal is to promote disaster risk reduction, build resilient communities, homes, and businesses. Emergency Meal Prep is to educate, and raise awareness in how to become more prepared in the event of disaster, in a real simulated survival and fun environment by bringing people and families together in our community.
What is “Emergency Meal Preparedness” ?
“Emergency Meal Preparedness” is a simulation and fun contest. It is about preparing your meals for family, survivors, anyone during the disaster. Have you ever experienced prepping your family meal during disaster? With no water system, no electricity? Do you have all the items needed to survive during the 72-hour emergency or perhaps even 1-week without any support resources?
Scenario: “WHEN” an 8.5 earthquake strikes California and there is no public service support of any kind, How do we survive in this large catastrophic situation? Are we prepared to survive without electricity, power, gas, water system for period of time?
Only Non-Perishable food items are qualified. No electrical equipment. Must only use the items in your survival storage. Failure to comply will be immediate qualification.
All foods that have been prepared will be donated to Food Pantry for families, and children.
Proceeds will be towards emergency and disaster preparedness program.
Entry Rules & Regulations:
- Safety first!
- Team participation is up to 5, 10, 15 people (as per Team categories)
- All food items, tools, and your survival bins will be fully inspected by our judges prior to prepping your meal.
- Only and absolutely only Non-Perishable foods can be used! No pre-made meals can be brought in.
- No electricity will be used! (we are in survival emergency mode therefore there will not be electricity!!)
- All food items and tools must be used from survival bins on the day of event.
- Registered teams are to submit recipes for qualification, within two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Simulation scenarios will be added as Extra Credits and assigned to each team during the meal prep.
- Must meet all rules and regulations otherwise team will be disqualified by the judges.
- All foods prepared are to be donated to the local charity, namely Food Pantry to their families and children.
Emergency Meal Prep
|Contest Day Schedule
8:00 am – 9:00 am – Sign In & Survival Items Inspection
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Opening Ceremony (Keynote Speaker) & Judges Intro
9:30 am – 10:00 am – Simulation & Demo
10:00 am – 10:15 am – Teams / Participants Roll Call / Scenarios Assignment
10:15 am – 12Noon – Meal Prep Contest
12Noon – Awards Ceremony
|All participant receive an emergency swag bag, shirt*
*Shirt guaranteed only for those who registered before November 16.
|Awards will be given to winning teams and will be judged based on preparedness, creativity, realism, recipes, and taste.|
· Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
· Event will be held rain or shine!
· All items brought in must be fully inspected upon Sign In
· All items must meet the emergency and survival standards
· Only NON-perishable food, canned food, dry goods are qualified
· Absolutely NO electrical equipment
· Only brought items will be used (purchasing extra items will not be allowed)
· Participants must show photo ID to receive a bib, wristband, and other items associated with the event
· All participants must be fully registered and have paid the entry fee
· Parents / guardians of minors without photo ID may pick up items for them
Interested to Volunteer? Volunteers Opportunities are available.
Please contact us today! (888) 879-6718
Recommended Emergency Food Items:
- Peanut Butter, Nut / Seed Butter
- Powder milk
- Macaroni cheese (box)
- Canned chicken
- Canned tuna
- Canned beef
- Canned turkey chili
- Canned beef chili
Canned Soups & Chilis:
- Noodle soup
- Pasta sauce
- Canned vegetables
These MRE foods are highly recommended for emergency purposes! Most if not all these MRE packaged foods have longer storage life.
These items are personal choices. You can go “simple & basic”, “healthy”, or “gourmet” on your selection!
Remember this is YOUR survival emergency supply, what you have inside your survival bins are and should be the ones you consume during the event of emergency.
- Have backups!
- Have extras! (one gets lonely!)
- Have cases of bottled water!
- Have your flashlight inside your survival bins (duct tape around extra batteries!)
- Have your Non-Electric can opener inside your survival bins
- Recycle every 3 months
RECYCLE all your food items every 3 months.
Always check and verify Expiration Dates!
Do NOT forget your pets, your animals needs also.
Shop your food items at our Community Partners:
Our NPO# 81968