“Fall BACK” time is Sunday, November 5: Set all your clocks for 1 hour BACK.
Below are some other tips you may consider doing during “FALL BACK” time.
Reminder: “FALL BACK” Time is also perfect time to change out batteries in the following household items:
• Smoke detectors (powered by a 10-year lithium or ‘long-life’)
• Radios: portable and emergency radios
• When you replace these batteries, make sure you have extra ones! (keep recycling them)
- Test alarm monthly
- Replace batteries at least once a year (all batteries in smoke / carbon monoxide detectors)
- Replace entire smoke alarm every 10 years
(Tip: duct tape the extra batteries around the items, namely flashlights, radios, etc)
• Test smoke detectors / alarms monthly
• Fire Extinguisher: check the condition of your fire extinguisher gauges by ensuring the charge level is still adequate
• Develop family emergency plan – or – fire escape plan with how and where you and family members will meet in the event of evacuation. Simulate and practice this plan regularly.